User Acquisition Manager (ユーザー獲得マネージャ)
At SmartNews, our mission is simple: to help busy people connect in a heartbeat with news stories that truly matter.
SmartNews is seeking in San Francisco (or Tokyo, we are flexible) a rockstar in paid marketing – user acquisition looking for an exciting challenge! We are building a world-class performance marketing team to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
The Growth Marketing team is a newly formed growth engine at SmartNews. Our charter is to drive profitable acquisition of users across platforms and marketing channels (social ads, in-app mobile ads, search, pre-loads, video and more) – and to grow the SmartNews brand in Japan using a eight-figure budget (in USD)) or tenth-figure budget (in JPY). One of the most exciting things about this role is that you will be making a critical impact in our Japanese core market – where we are the #1 news app already, and are running TV advertising at scale.
Despite early successes, we’re still relatively new and building out processes and paving our path when it comes to testing new channels, building our technology stack, and partnering across the organization. Come help us figure out how to accelerate our growth even further!
- Drive significant user growth via mobile app installs to drive engaged users
- Build, manage, monitor, test and optimize campaigns (e.g. Facebook, Google, Twitter and many others) to increase performance
- Work with our creative team members on the conception of new ad creative – static or video – from brief to delivery
- Lead exploratory conversations with potential advertising and technology partners that will allow us to accelerate our user growth in Japan this year, and soon globally
- Native level Japanese and basic level English, preferably with experience living in Japan
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Advanced usage of Excel including data analysis, vlookups and pivot tables. Big plus for SQL mastery, but not required
- Ideally 2-4 years experience in mobile user acquisition at scale on a B2C mobile app or gaming app, with at least $1M of monthly spend
- Deep experience with Facebook Mobile App Install campaigns and Power Editor. Ideally, you also know how to use a Facebook Marketing Partner (Smartly.io, Kensho…)
- Experience in performance-based marketing, utilizing video, display, DSPs and RTBs with demonstrated understanding of CPA, CPM, CPC, ARPU and LTV
- Familiar with ad attribution platforms like Adjust, Kochava or Appsflyer
- Analytical, data-driven, results-oriented, self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Perks
- Voluntary Trip - Working remotely twice a year
- SmartKitchen - Healthy lunch on a daily basis for free
- ChikyuCoffee - Delicious coffee provided by our Barista every day
- Event space - Free use for any kind of meet up
- Foreign language development support
- Various social insurance benefits included
- Transportation coverage (Maximum 50,000 yen)
How to apply
Please apply via the form below.