Mobile Product Marketing Manager
- At SmartNews, our mission is simple: to help busy professionals connect in a heartbeat with news stories that truly matter. With over 25M downloads and 250+ US partners including CNN, Vice News, TechCrunch, Vox, Politico, Fox News, BBC, Reuters and many other world-class media organizations, we want SmartNews to be the best antidote to fake news.SmartNews San Francisco is seeking a Product Marketing talent with deep knowledge of the mobile ecosystem and great branding expertise to help us achieve our ambitious goals.The Growth Marketing Team was formed in April 2017 at SmartNews San Francisco and our charter is to drive scale across mobile platforms & marketing channels and grow the SmartNews brand in the US and beyond (UK, India…).Come help us figure out how to accelerate our growth even further!
- Position our flagship mobile app in the US market and emerging test markets (UK, India…). Define how we will position future new features or app launches for the US market.
- Help us highlight the key customer segments for our product by leveraging in-house tools, Facebook Audience Insights and other key mobile market data products (Nielsen, Comscore, App Annie…).
- Brief our creative resources, in-house or external, to keep our brand relevant for those target customer segments.
- Lead our US and global app store optimization operations [ASO] to impact positively our conversion rate (for our initial traction, read this post), drive a larger volume of organic installs and track & define relevant key metrics.
- Iterate on our current ASO stack of tools (Mobile Action, Apptweak, App Annie) and processes.
- Define and lead new channels tests ranging from influencer marketing, podcasts or co-marketing with leading media brands.
- MBA or BA in Economics, Business, or other quantitative field, with at least one previous mobile marketing experience.
- 2+ years experience in mobile product marketing, including direct ASO experience.
- Experience with ASO tools including: SensorTower, App Annie, Mobile Action, Apptweak and app store testing tools like Google Experiments, StoreMaven or SplitMetrics.
- Understanding of performance-based mobile marketing core concepts including CTR, CVR, CPI and LTV.
- Familiar with ad attribution platforms like Adjust, Kochava or Appsflyer.
- Analytical, data-driven, results-oriented, self-starter.
- Advanced usage of Excel including data analysis, vlookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.