Content QA - Part-time
A part-time role working with the SmartNews content QA team providing weekend and holiday coverage. Focus on performing quality assurance operations for content in the SmartNews app. Individual will also help with analyzing metrics and spotting trends.
This is a “work-from-home” paid position on a 1099 contractor basis (hourly rate TBD). We are looking for minimum six-month commitment, for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Quality assurance during weekends and holidays (noon - 6pm Pacific).
- Monitor baseline metrics and escalate issues if necessary.
Noon - 6pm Pacific Time on Saturday, Sunday, and scheduled Holidays.
Our algorithms evaluate tens of millions of articles, behaviors and social interactions to deliver only the most interesting and important stories—impartially—on a global scale. Our unique, publisher-friendly approach supports sustainable journalism by generating traffic to publishers’ websites and enabling them to keep 100% of article ad revenue.
- Background in digital media -- journalism or newsroom experience preferred.
- Basic news judgment and the ability to recognize important developments and react swiftly.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in mobile apps for news and entertainment.
- Basic understanding of various technical components of publishing on the web.
- Desire to learn more about algorithmic news and inner workings of news apps.